Getting Your Kobelco Excavators Ready for Spring
Spring weather is quickly arriving, and Company Wrench wants to make sure your Kobelco excavators are good to go for their first use after winter. Whether you are a professional in demolition or a homeowner getting ready for your first big project, it is important to take the proper steps to ensure the best operation of your excavator as possible.
Company Wrench sells and rents the popular SK140SRLC-5, SK210LC-10 & SK350LC-10 models of Kobelco excavators. Our customers tend to prefer these machines because they are equipped with a bucket that can ship in one load, meaning it can unload and immediately go to work. Larger machines typically require additional trucks and a technician to assemble. These are some of our best tips to ensure your excavator is ready for whatever job you need it to handle this spring.
- Over time, water and sediment can accumulate in the fuel tank, leading to clogged fuel filters or eventually damaging your fuel delivery system. Be sure to drain the water out of the bottom of the tank and fuel water separators to avoid costly downtime.
- Your operator will definitely be happier in a cool cab. Check over your air-conditioning operation and make sure your belts are tight and in good condition.
- Check for any hydraulic, engine or water leaks that may have shown up during the winter months. If you notice a leak, you can contact your local Company Wrench service department. We can provide you with expertise and any parts needed to get your machine back to work.
- Top off any fluids that may be low, including swing and final drive levels.
- Take a look at your wiper blade to make sure it’s free of tears and hasn’t hardened over the winter. This will make sure your operator always has a clear view. If you need to replace your blade, it will take no more than five minutes.
- You want to make sure your work lights and travel alarm are fully operational before your excavator goes to work. Be sure to carefully check over both.
We understand how important it is that your Kobelco excavator is ready to go as soon as possible. Company Wrench aims to go above and beyond when servicing your machine and will do everything we can to get parts and equipment needed to have your excavator up and running.